Labor Day Weekend just
wrapped up, and what a weekend it was!
For those of you (let’s be
real, it’s probably just me!) who may have thought Labor Day was just another
3-day weekend, and a reminder to stop wearing white shoes, it’s truly a
meaningful holiday. I went ahead and Googled why we celebrate Labor Day.
According to the Department of Labor (pretty legit), Labor Day is “a creation
of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements
of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the
contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of
our country.”
I’ll toast to that!
We spent our end-of-summer
celebration at Lake Tulloch, a beautiful spot East of Sacramento. Our fabulous
friends’ family (try saying that 3 times fast) has a lake house in the most
perfect cove, and we spent our days sunbathing, boating, wake surfing, eating,
and LAUGHING! This group is #thebest. Yep, the best. See for yourself!
![]() |
| View from our lake house room! Friday morning the smoke and haze from the fires at Yosemite blew over and everything smelled like a campfire. |
![]() |
| Lake Faces! |
![]() |
| Busted stealing a kiss! |
![]() |
| Brian, Shara, and Mr. Emery. No Filter Necessary, just look at that sunset! |
![]() |
| Julia, Bobby, Paula, and Dan. Lots of love! |
For my daily dose of Duckett,
I will share that I had my first bowl of pho today. I know I’m a little old to
just now be trying it, but to be quite honest, I can’t remember even seeing a
Vietnamese restaurant in Orlando, so that’s my excuse ;) If you haven’t tried
it yet, it will take you to tasty town! There are so many fresh and light
flavors like basil, lime, siracha, need I say more?! It’s delish!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment